Friday, February 29, 2008

Today's Featured Seller - Two Beans!



Once again, I am so far behind on this one, I'm embarassed to admit to it. ;)

The same day I asked for shops to feature and found 3Dots, I was also recommended this shop. So, being the curious sort that I am, I followed the link and found the most wonderful items! I immediately fell in love with Two Beans' shop and even though I had planned on only doing one feature from this group, I just had to add her in.


Again, I sent a few interview questions for her to answer. Lets see what she had to say, shall we?


Tell me a little bit about you, your art and your store

My name is Leah Csiszar, I've studied and practiced art for the majority of my life and plan to continue that habit until I run out of questions....... if that ever actually happens. I work primarily with all types of metals and currently I'm exploring a relationship between the traditions of textiles, weaving, and metal. Twobeans is an art shop of small works that I started with my partner, Charles Austin, in December of 2007. Charles has also been an active artist throughout his life, he primarily works with stone. We started twobeans as a place where people can shop for unique items for their homes, functional pieces and accents for their personalized living spaces. This line of work is a way that we can continue working through the winter, since it's small most of it can be made inside of our home, our sculpture studios are not heated yet, we live in Vermont so winter is a pretty long season. Also it's fun to change the way people look at things, we like to create some common objects in an uncommon way, I think it's healthy* ;)


What is your favourite piece and why?


My favorite piece right now is Baskets and Stone. I love to collaborate, and I feel our work complements each others well. There are a mixture of sensibilities in this piece which appeals to me, and I see it as art but also as practical. I also love epiphytes, they are beautiful plants and creating homes for them has been fulfilling for me.







What inspires you?

I am inspired by textures. I love to touch and have physical contact with the world around me. My hands are vital to me, I gather information, I work and I manifest with them. That is how I feel complete and ready for the next challenge.


If the world could only know one thing about you, what would you want that to be?


My existence in the art world.


What did you have for breakfast?

Green tea with jasmine, fresh oatmeal toast with some butter and honey, orange juice with some pulp. * yum *


What is the strangest pet you've ever had?


A friend gave me a spotted dogfish for my fish tank long ago, I named him Jupiter, he had a long salamander type of body with 4 little legs, webbed feet, and the most interesting feelers on his head. They were fuzzy and shaped like some kind of club moss, he looked like a Dr. Seuss character. He's no longer with us.

If you were a colour, what colour would you be?

green, so maybe I could photosynthesize.


Now, here are a few of my very favourite pieces.

Pinwheel Sculpture Bowl






Epiphyte hanging basket number 2



Egg Shaped Basket

I absolutely love the texture and visual appeal of these pieces. I'm sure you all agree that they are stunningly beautiful. I am continually amazed at the scope of talent on Etsy.

Be sure to click on Two Beans' banner (NOT designed by me!) to visit her shop and spread some Etsy love!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great interview! and extremely unique shop.

Unknown said...

Beautiful stuff!

P. Lee said...

I love your blog and the way you share about others! Great choices on who you share!!!

Plaidfuzz said...

Very cool, I love the interview format!

Caroline said...

How unique! Great work.

CREATEaTHOUGHT said...

wow those are really interesting items

Nicole Solo said...

Ooh I LOVE Epiphytes! Such a cool shop that I'm glad I've seen now :)

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

What an amazing artist!

TinaA said...

Truly original!
Banner Queen I just want to say hi!
I just joined the "Etsy sellers who blog" ring and we are neighbors.
Your blog is great.

Nnairda's said...

You found a good artist! Great job!!

erin, maker of chimes said...

Love the unique items from this shop!

Anonymous said...

Great feature. Again I thank you for all the blogging help.

You are truly a gem :)

ThePeachTree said...

I'm blown away! I want one of each :)

About Me

I am a 37 year old Stay At Home mom with two wonderful children. I love creating and designing new and interesting graphics for stores, websites and blogs. It gives me an outlet for creativiity that would otherwise simply fester and die inside me. ;)
hit counters hit counters