Friday, May 30, 2008


Some days I have a hard time picking a shop to feature. Other times, there is no question at all. The quality of the work, the amazing photo's, everything about the shop just screams "pick me!".


SewGracious is one of those shops. I mean, how could you not want to buy from her? Look at these purses. Have you ever seen such amazing workmanship and quality? You can tell by looking at this Ribbons and Linen Market Bag that you are getting a well crafted bag.

And if that weren't enough, why not pick up a Business Card holder to go along with it? You know we all need one of these!


So, because it was such an easy choice, I sent along my interview questions. What did she have to say? I wonder..........

Tell me a little bit about you, your art and your store:

I've working with a needle & thread since I was 4 years old; thanks to my sweet grandmother. I've done all kinds of needlework through the years including needlepoint, cross stitch (owned a cross stitch shop back in the day), smocking, heirloom sewing, clothing construction, etc. I sold on eBay for many years before establishing my website and finding Etsy. Now I sell most of my items on Etsy and sell monogrammed accessories on my website at http://www.sewgracious.com I truly ♥ Etsy. It's been a wonderful outlet for my handmade items.

What is your favourite piece and why? :

This is one of my all-time favorite bags. I entered it in the Journal Modiste Modie Awards and it won the bag category! http://journalmodiste.com/index.cfm?page=modie_winner_photos&nid=277



I loved the bag even before it won the award, but that made it really special to me.

What inspires you?

I'm inspired by many different elements. Most all of my bags are one of a kind now. I don't like to make the same thing over & over. I find that my creativity flows if I can just sew without having to be confined to certain specifications. Sometimes I'm inspired by the newest fabric from the latest designer. Sometimes I get ideas after making a bag. I think of a way to change it up for the next time. Many times, I'm inspired from a variety of fabrics on my sewing table. I can have fabric stacked up and discover a combination that looks great together.


If the world could only know one thing about you, what would you want that to be?

I love my family. They are the most important part of my life. I've been blessed and am thankful each day for those who love me most. They are my biggest supporters & the best encouragers I have.


What did you have for breakfast?

Today, it coffee with hazelnut creamer and Greek yogurt with honey & granola

What is the strangest pet you've ever had?

They aren't MY pets, per se, but right now we have a pair of millipedes, Milli & Peedi, that came home from a school project. Luckily, they live at my husband's office. ;-)

If you were a colour, what colour would you be?

Pink

Be sure to click on SewGracious' banner or any of the items pictured here to visit her shop and spread some Etsy love. You won't be disappointed, I promise!

Deon

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I love, love, love the mixes of colours and patterns on those bags! What a bummer though to find she doesn't ship to Canada... ah well.

Sew Bettie said...

I love the fabric choices. Such happy colors!

The Downtown Boutique said...

Great feature! I love Pam's bags...she does such beautiful work!

Danelle (Indie Game Lover) said...

What an awsome shop! Great pick

amit said...

Wonderful Design Blogs, Such a great list. Thanks for sharing all these blogs all are very useful to every one
Webdesign Belgium

About Me

I am a 37 year old Stay At Home mom with two wonderful children. I love creating and designing new and interesting graphics for stores, websites and blogs. It gives me an outlet for creativiity that would otherwise simply fester and die inside me. ;)
hit counters hit counters